The Council of Chapters is comprised of one delegate from each of the 63 APWA chapters. Members of the council serve APWA as advisors to the board of directors, executive director, technical committees, and staff in support of the mission of APWA in accordance with the association's bylaws and parliamentary procedures. Delegates also act as a conduit in sharing the opinions and ideas of their chapters and serving as points of contact at the local (chapter and branch), regional, and national levels for the dissemination of information to and from members.
The mission of the Council of Chapters is to increase the effectiveness of the association by:
- Advising the board of directors, the executive director, staff, and chapters on goals, strategies, and issues that are referred to the Council
- Supporting the APWA Strategic Plan and influencing changes for the betterment of the association
- Supporting chapter-to-chapter mentoring and development of best practices to strengthen the services delivered in each chapter
- Communicating member issues among the local, regional and national levels
- Identifying dedicated members for active participation within the association
The full council meets twice a year, with one of those meetings being held during PWX. Council members also meet by means of committee conference calls, which are scheduled throughout the year.
Each chapter's executive committee, through the process outlined in its bylaws, shall either elect or designate the delegate and determine the length of term of service.
The Council of Chapters is governed by a steering committee consisting of one member from each of the nine APWA regions, who are selected by delegates from those regions. Each member of the steering committee serves a three-year term and may be be reappointed by their regional delegates for a maximum of two terms.
For more information on the Council of Chapters contact Ashley Wilson, APWA staff liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find a Delegate for a specific chapter, click on a region in the map below (or click the applicable link below the map). Then a list of all chapter delegates within that region will be displayed.