Principles of Public Works Operations
The Principles of Public Works Operations series is designed for individuals or agencies interested in expanding their knowledge and learning how to implement best practices in all areas of public works. This series is ideal for young professionals entering the public works industry, new managers/managers new to a technical area, and seasoned public works professionals who desire further professional development. Video recordings with top experts in public works will be accompanied by a discussion guide to encourage more conversation if the program is being used by an agency or chapter. Sessions in the series include Right-of-Way Management, Fleet Management, Winter Maintenance Management, Engineering and Technology Management, Asset Management, Water Resources Management, Solid Waste Management, Facilities and Grounds Management, Sustainability, Emergency Management, and Transportation Management.
Proficiency Level: Introductory
After completing this course, participants will be better able to:
- Apply best practices of public works operations management
- Describe emerging trends in public works operations management
- Communicate the importance of public works operations management
This course aligns with the following APWA programs:
- PW Institutes Unit: Unit 10 – Overview of Public Works Operations
- Public Works Management Practices Manual, 10th ed. (see session-specific information available in the APWA Store)
- APWA Certifications (see session-specific information available in the APWA Store)
- Certified Public Works Professional-Supervision (CPWP-S)
- Certified Public Works Professional-Management (CPWP-M)
- Certified Public Infrastructure Inspector (CPII)
- Certified Public Fleet Professional (CPFP)
- Certified Stormwater Manager (CSM)
CEUs: This series offers the opportunity to earn CEUs. The amount of CEUs varies by session. See specific course descriptions for more information.
Not sure if you want to purchase the whole series? No problem! The Principles of Public Works Operations series provides you with the option to purchase individual sessions or the whole series. This series is offered to members and non-members. Find the pricing for the individual sessions or the full package below.
You can learn more about the sessions offered in the Principles of Public Works Operations series and purchase sessions or the full series for yourself or your agency/chapter by going to the APWA Store.
Get 20% off through January 31. Use code LMS20 at checkout.
Contact us at 800-848-2792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.