Place of Employment
Take the exam at your place of employment with an in-person proctor.
It is recommended your proctor be someone at your place of employment that has no vested interest in you obtaining the certification. This could be a manager from another department, a representative from Human Resources or any other non-vested individual that will comply with the terms of the proctoring agreement. You will be required to identify your exam proctor when completing your Exam Application form. Change of proctors must be submitted to email@example.com at least two (2) business days prior to the scheduled exam date and the requested substitution approved prior to the substitution being allowed. If you are unable to acquire a proctor from your place of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 595-5274.
- Choose a proctor within your company/agency to proctor your exam one on one.
- The proctor should:
- Not have a vested interest in your passing the exam (e.g., immediate supervisor or any other individual who may benefit from your passing the exam).
- Be available and be able to remain in the room for the duration of the exam.
- Agree to abide by APWA’s proctor agreement. (Information including the proctor agreement is sent to the proctor prior to the scheduled exam date.)
Choose a testing center in your area to proctor the exam.
- APWA does not have a formal relationship with any testing centers; please use the National College Testing Association (NCTA) testing center locator to assist in locating a testing center in your area.
- Identify your preferred testing center on your exam application and we will confirm compatibility with the Questionmark software used to administer APWA certification exams.
- Individual testing centers may have additional fees associated with proctoring the exam, these fees and the scheduling of the exam are the responsibility of the candidate.
Record and Review Remote Proctoring
This automated system observes and records the exam session on video, for later review of propriety. The system flags potential anomalies which APWA will review prior to releasing results of exam.
- Record and review proctoring requires a pc or laptop with a strong stable internet connection, google chrome, webcam, and microphone.
- This option allows for the recording of your computer screen and test environment for the duration of the exam.
- Only APWA staff and Certification Commission/Council members have access to the recorded content. This content is not shared.
On-site Proctoring for Groups
This allows APWA to assign Partner Proctors with the ability to facilitate exams for multiple eligible candidates at once. This is a great opportunity for large agencies, PWI or Chapters wanting to proctor APWA certification examinations.