Chapter Event Refunds
If a chapter needs to cancel an event created in the APWA template, here are some helpful hints:
- Keep the event on your events page but mark as CANCELLED.
- Refunds follow the standard process. Go into the Registration Manager to select the attendees that need refunds from payments by credit card. Payments by check will be refunded through your treasurer.
- If you have challenges, please email ChapterSupport@apwa.net
Chapter/Branch Board Meeting Option
Event Cancellation Contract Questions/Support
Chapter leaders are making difficult decisions about event cancellations and potentially working with contracts which may be outside their normal purview. Contract issues are unique to every location based on state/local orders and specific contract provisions. Diana Forbes, Director of Meetings, has a lot experience in the meeting planning industry. While not an attorney, she may be able to provide guidance on processes.
Chapter and branch elections may be conducted through an online election. Information on how to create the election poll can be found here (log in required). This information can be found in the Chapter Leaders Resource area, under Resources, then Website Template or contact ChapterSupport@apwa.net.
Award Submittals and Selections
Award applications were received at the beginning of March. Given that our members are responding to the needs of our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, APWA felt, now more than ever, that it was entirely appropriate to honor those who have been doing extraordinary work in their communities.
- The Top Ten Public Works Leaders of the Year recipients are typically recognized at local events during National Public Works Week. However, with most local APWA events having been cancelled through May of this year, the Top Ten awardees will be featured in The Reporter and honored at PWX. APWA will also send letter to the awardees’ U.S. members of Congress to share the accomplishments.
- Selections for Project of the Year and Professional Managers are underway. Staff is monitoring the ability of committee members to complete reviews.
- PACE applications are due in June. At this time, there have been no changes to that deadline.