For samples of nominations from past award winners, email firstname.lastname@example.org and note which award sample you need.
Below are written directions and click here to view directions by slide.
- On the "Awards Criteria and Forms" page, the Nomination Forms are located at the top of the page under the Nomination forms below sentence. Click on the name of the form you want then save the completed form to your computer. You may need to print and scan to your computer. Nominations will be submitted electronically – no hard copies will be accepted.
- After you have prepared your submittal (in a PDF format, preferred), and saved your completed Nomination Form, then you will be ready to upload the nomination by choosing the "Submit Online" link next to your award. That link takes you off the APWA website and onto the Omni Contests website. DOC, PPT, TXT, GIF, JPG, JPEG, and MPG formats are also accepted. If you have a format that you are not sure will be accepted, please contact Rhonda Wilhite at email@example.com or 800-848-2792 x5261.)
- Online Nomination Submittal Instructions (using the Omni Contests system):
Once you reach the nomination submittal website (by clicking the "Submit Online" button on the Awards Criteria and Forms page), you will choose "Register" and a window asking for your email will appear then enter your email. You will then need to fill out an Entrant Form. The entrant form contains your contact information and is where you will assign a username and password in order to submit a nomination. You are not on the APWA website so you will need to do this step even if you already have an APWA login. Please keep the e-mail Omni Contests will send you because APWA is not able to look up your password for the Omni Contest site. Once you register, by filling out an entrant form, you will have access to submit a nomination.
Support is available Monday-Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm Central time if you need help submitting your entries. Every attempt is made to respond to email and telephone messages on the same business day. Contact Rhonda Wilhite at 800-848-2792 x5261 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the Add nomination and fill out the Entry Form (Entry Form and Entrant Form are two separate things)
- Hit save; you can then go to the second tab. Click on the second tab; fill out the form; hit save. Fill out each tab till you reach the Upload Nomination tab.
- Upload the Nomination form. The APWA nomination form is to be filled out printed and saved as a separate file from your nomination. On the Excellence in Snow and Ice Control Award and Projects of the Year and the SC/RC Projects of the Year, and the Top Ten Public Works Leaders of the Year it is not necessary to fill out the separate APWA Nomination form but for all other awards you will need to fill out a APWA nomination form. Click on Browse, search your files, select it, then click on Upload. (Browse should disappear once you have uploaded your file.)
- Upload your nomination. If you have any photos you want to upload not included in your submission, there will be a field specifically for photos. Your photos have to be in one document. The site does not allow multiple uploads of photos. HIT SAVE. BUT YOU ARE NOT DONE YET
- Now go to View Entries and Submit your entry by clicking on the 'Incomplete' link
- You MUST choose submit for it to be ready for judging
- You are now done and will receive a confirmation email.