APWA will accept nominations until the deadlines listed below.
- Excellence in Snow and Ice Control Award – Deadline Monday, December 3, 2018, midnight Eastern Time.
- PACE Award – Deadline Monday, June 3, 2019 – Chapters must first be notified they qualify to submit for this award.
- All other awards not listed above – Deadline Monday, March 4, 2019, midnight Eastern Time.
- After the deadline has passed, staff does a preliminary review of the nomination form associated with the submission.
- The nominations are prepared online for the judges portal and each judge will receive the information to begin judging.
- Each committee has approximately 3 weeks to review and score
- The committee then meets by conference call to review the scores and select the recipients to receive the award.
- These conference calls usually take place in the middle of April, except the Top Ten Public Works Leaders which take place at the end of March.
- The Excellence in Snow and Ice Control Award has a preliminary review committee then they are reviewed by another committee that selects the recipients in February.
- The PACE (Presidential Award for Chapter Excellence) recipients are chosen in June.
Chapter and branch officers can access examples of previous winning submission in the Chapter Leader Resource area under Awards. If you do not have access to this area or not a member of APWA you can contact Rhonda Wilhite, Awards and Chapter Relations Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-848-2792 x5261