Who May Join?
Membership in the association is open to anyone with an interest in public works.
Why Join? With APWA you can:
- Share common goals, challenges, and solutions with other public works professionals throughout North America
- Participate in local chapter and branch programs, meetings and social activities - often at reduced pricing compared to non-member rates. Membership in your local chapter is automatically included with national membership (additional chapter and/or branch dues apply in some areas).
- Gain exposure to more than 30,000 public works professionals, opening up opportunities for your future
- Tap into the experience of other members with practical resources
- Promote professional excellence
- Save money on the best education and training programs in public works, covering all public works disciplines and management topics with ability to receive CEUs and PDHs
- Save money on publications and resources on all the subjects you need
- Receive alerts on hot topics in public works, including important issues in Washington, D.C. and Ottawa that affect you and your community
- Utilize your right to vote and hold office at the local or national level of the association
- Free subscription to as many infoNOW electronic networking communities as fit your interests
- Free subscription to the APWA Reporter for duration of membership. This is a monthly, members only, magazine available in hard-copy or online.
- Free access to the Members' Library - an online collection of resources and educational programs
- Free registrations for live Click, Listen & Learn programs
- Books, videos, training manuals, and recorded programs on management, transportation, equipment services, snow removal, construction, water resources, solid waste, sustainability, public outreach tools, and more - with reduced pricing for members
- Member savings of up to 42% on registration for:
- PWX (formerly known as International Public Works Congress & Exposition-"Best Show in Public Works")
- North American Snow Conference
- Most nationally-sponsored workshops and e-learning programs. Visit the APWA Calendar for complete schedule.
- Many local chapter and/or branch meetings and events.
- Opportunity to earn and track your Continuing Education Units (CEUs/PDHs)
- Free subscription to the APWA Washington Report weekly e-newsletter or CPWA Ottawa Report bi-weekly e-newsletter
- Stay up-to-date on APWA programs and activities with access to our quarterly members-only publication, the APWA Advantage newsletter
- Opportunity to participate in local or national public outreach activities including support of National Public Works Week, the MATHCOUNTS program, National Engineers Week, APWA Proud to Care program, or local chapter and/or branch events
And for those providing products or services for public works ... Marketing Opportunities
- Networking opportunities at national, local chapter and/or branch level
- Listings in APWA's print and online Buyer's Guide (Corporate group memberships only)
- Highlighted listing in event program for PWX and the North American Snow Conference (Corporate group memberships only)
- Reduced pricing (per thousand records) on purchases of targeted APWA mailing list(s)
- Recognition in opening presentation slides at PWX (Corporate Crown level group memberships only)
- Discount on advertising in the APWA Reporter magazine (Corporate Prestige and Crown level group memberships only)
- Discount on exhibit space at annual PWX (Corporate Crown level group memberships only)