To encourage sharing and application of knowledge about engineering and technology and advancing these practices in public works, pursuing APWA’s mission to develop and support the people, agencies, and organizations that plan, build, maintain and improve our communities.
A Message from the Chair
About the Committee
Engineering and technology are fundamental to public works and to almost all aspects of modern life. The resources the E&T Committee has made available through this website have three primary objectives:
- To provide information about emerging technology, technical and society trends, and new insights into the implication of engineering practice for our communities and quality of life,
- To support education of public works practitioners, users, and other stakeholders about the issues, techniques, and tools of public works management,
- To inform advocacy by APWA and others for development of community values and public policy supporting wise investment and use of society’s resources for public works.
Knowledge Team and Subcommittee
There are two groups that assist the Engineering and Technology Committee:
Resources for Members
The Engineering and Technology Committee has developed this resource for members:
- Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) Equipment Toolbox
- Three types of Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) equipment are presented in the toolbox, Mobile, Stationary, and Aerial.
View committee meeting summaries >