What Topics Are Covered?
Each Institute adheres to the set of core areas of study noted below. Specific topics under these 11 core areas may vary based on local, regional, and state responsibilities or regulations.
- Supervisory Techniques and Skills
- Basic Management Skills
- Communications Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Community Service/Customer Orientation Skills
- Impact of Law on Public Works
- Fundamentals of Government
- Overview of Public Works Operations
- Creating the Future
- Resource Management Skills