APWA’s certification programs give you confidence in hiring professionals that have the knowledge, skills and training that will benefit your local government, and keep moving it forward in an ever-changing environment.
When hiring professionals with nationally recognized APWA certifications, you can have confidence that they:
- Bring to the table a comprehensive approach and better understanding of their public works discipline.
- Possess valuable industry knowledge, best practices and the commitment needed to serve your community.
- Are well-prepared for the many challenges and opportunities that your agency may face in today’s public works environment.
- Are capable of running a cost-effective and efficient operation.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of not only their program area but also those areas that impact what and how they do their job.
- Add credibility with your customer base, especially when establishing relationships with various operating departments.
- Have acquired the skills needed to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of their program, and know how to make informed decisions backed by solid data.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing education and lifelong development in public works.
- Will remain up-to-date on new trends, techniques and technology through APWA’s recertification requirements.
- Will take your agency to the next level.
- Will elevate the level of public works services in your community.