VISTA/APWA Online Learning System FAQs
Individual courses versus a library of courses
Can I purchase individual courses or do I have to purchase a library of courses?
The system allows either (or both). See other FAQs for details.
Can multiple people share one user account? Can multiple people view the online course after setting up an account and paying for any given course?
The certificate of completion would contain only the name of the person listed on the account. And, sharing your account would be a violation of the license agreement. See library of courses below for multiple person access.
How do online course fees work? Do I have options?
- Purchase access to individual course(s) with a credit card (or send a PO). The online access account allows a single person to view that purchased course(s) and take the final exam any number of times for up to 60 days from account setup date.
- Purchase access to a library of courses with a credit card (or send a PO). That library is available for unlimited use by multiple people as long as you pay the monthly fee. See next question for library benefits.
What are the benefits of purchasing a library of courses versus individual courses?
Libraries of courses offer several advantages:
- The fee per course is significantly lower if purchasing access to a library of courses.
- Library accounts allow for up to 10 user sub-accounts at no additional fee. Contact VISTA to enable others to access the courses in the library or if you have a need to train more than 10 employees.
- Library accounts enable unlimited access and are available beyond the 60-day limit for individual courses—all library courses are available until your monthly library account is cancelled (cancel anytime).
Once I pay for an individual course, how long is that course available?
Access to a course ends after 60 days from enrollment (payment) date. Completion data, exam scores and certificate of completion are not available after 60 days. Print the completion certificate prior to that date or purchase access to one of our libraries of courses. Library courses are available as long as you are a monthly subscriber. Long term tracking is available—contact VISTA.
What if I want to train and track my employees beyond 60 days or beyond cancellation of the monthly subscription?
To enable long term tracking of employee training, contact VISTA for a quote on a private Learning Management System (LMS) configured with your logo and all the courses you need. It’s actually very cost effective.
Can I add a library to an existing account that already has individually purchased courses in it?
Yes, contact VISTA to add a library to your original account. Another option is to create a new (additional) account that will only contain the library you are purchasing.
What if I want to provide other people access to my library?
The monthly library subscription fee includes up to 10 users to access the selected library. To add more users besides yourself, contact VISTA. If you eventually need more than 10 users (for an additional fee) to your library, contact VISTA.