Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||Position No. 11026||Organization:||City of Riviera Beach||Job Category:||Fleet Services||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Florida (FL)||City:||Riviera Beach||Salary and Benefits:||$48,774 - $53,651 Starting||Post Date:||08/15/2014||
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Compile and analyze data on equipment usage and maintenance
2. Recommends the purchasing of equipment and supplies
3. Plan the flow of work within the division and makes general assignments to subordinates
4. Required to periodically inspect, test and road check vehicles/equipment to determine whether repairs were properly performed
5. Schedules and supervises the maintenance and repair of all City vehicles.
6. Maintains maintenance records and prepares routine and special reports as required.
7. Prepares the annual five (5) year vehicle replacement plan
8. Establishes policies and procedures relating to preventive maintenance of equipment.
9. Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, work orders, accident/injury reports, personnel records, budgets, maintenance reports, equipment specifications, schematics, flow charts, bulletins, annuals, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
10. Manage the fuel inventory and distribution process; and prepare reports as required
11. Checks newly purchased equipment and vehicles to ensure conformance with specifications
12. Oversees the preparation of new vehicles before routing to each department
13. Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, reviews or modify data in computer database; verifies accuracy of entered data; makes corrections as appropriate; utilizes word processing, database, spreadsheet, or other software programs.
14. Maintains records of repair work, fuel usage, odometer readings, warranty records, and other service activities.
15. Oversees inventory of parts, equipment, tools or supplies; coordinates availability of materials needed for work projects; initiates orders for new or replacement materials.
16. Responds to complaints and questions related to division operations; provides information, researches problems, and initiates problem resolution.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Must possess and maintain a valid Class “B” Florida Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) including appropriate endorsement(s). Mandatory pre-employment physical and drug tests. The City of Riviera Beach maintains a drug-free workplace policy and program, as established under the guidelines of the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and Section 440.102, Florida Statutes.
Minimum Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or technical automotive certification; and ten (10) years experience in all phases of the repair of motor vehicles, and heavy equipment, at least three (3) years of which shall have been in a supervisory position; and personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. One (1) Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification required, but two (2) or more certifications are preferred.