Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||Snohomish County Public Works||Job Category:||
|Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Washington (WA)||City:||Everett||Post Code:||98201||Salary and Benefits:||$4,883.03 - $5,940.74 Monthly plus benefits||Post Date:||08/08/2014||
We are creating an eligibility register to fill current and future Communications Specialist II positions. The eligibility register will be active for six months from the time of certification.
The Snohomish County Department of Public Works is a local and national award winning organization that is responsible for the development and maintenance of the transportation system, the control and management of surface water quantity and quality, and the disposal of solid waste generated within all of Snohomish County. Currently we are seeking qualified applicants to work in our Transportation and Environmental Services Division as a Communications Specialist II.
The Transportation and Environmental Services Division is comprised of 69 employees and you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for performing duties that include:
1. Public involvement support related to Public Works' Capital Construction Programs
2. Creating and deploying a wide range of public information products through print and electronic media in support of essential County services
3. Providing outreach and education services related to County initiatives and regulatory review processes
Qualified candidates will have:
1. A thorough understanding of communication strategies and methods
2. The ability to develop and implement strategic communication plans for diverse types of projects
3. Skills to communicate effectively both in writing and in oral communication; ability to express oneself clearly
4. The ability to work effectively in teams, collaborating with staff, stakeholders and citizens
The Department of Public Works embraces diversity and encourages you to apply to be part of our team.
Snohomish County is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, multicultural workplace.
To apply, please go to http://snohomishcountywa.gov Job Opportunities.