| Organization: ||
Jacksonville Transportation Authority (JTA)
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 07/31/2014 ||
KIND OF WORK PERFORMED: Under the general direction of the Vice President of Long Range Planning and System Development, manage and direct the Authority’s Highway, Bridge and Transit engineering and construction program. Oversee the development and implementation of the JTA’s program of major capital projects. Provide management and technical direction to the JTA Project Development and Construction staff and the Authority’s general planning and engineering consultants.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (not intended to be all inclusive)
- Provides highly responsible and complex management, strategic thinking and policy support to the Vice President of Long Range Planning and System Development.
- Directs the activities of the Project Development and Construction Division including project planning, project development, environmental review, mitigation, design, right-of-way, construction (supervision and post-construction activities), and administration.
- Supervises, coordinates and monitors all work of planning and engineering consultants.
- Provides direct oversight on engineering projects, including the delivery of $100 million in transportation projects to be funded under the Local Option Gas Tax Extension Program.
- Establishes and maintains a reporting system for all major projects with a clear process for early identification and reporting of any variations from plan.
- Oversees staff managing the major transit capital projects including the Bus Rapid Transit program, Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center, and regional Commuter Rail planning.
- Serves as liaison, in coordination with the Government Relations Officer, with key partner agencies including the Florida Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Agency, City of Jacksonville, Jacksonville Port Authority, Jacksonville Aviation Authority and JEA for the coordination and delivery of major capital projects. It is expected that the Assistant Vice President will establish and maintain a sound and productive relationship with the appropriate elected representatives and senior management officials of Federal, State and local government, as well as, community leaders to ensure that all projects are carried out with consideration to local, state and community concerns.
- Coordinates the activities of the Senior Manager, Project Development and Construction, Senior Manager, System Planning and Federal Programs. Coordinator to identify key capital needs to support the long range strategic plan of the Authority.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions. Maintains a professional business.
- Assures compliance with all technical and professional standards in the department’s activities.
- Ensures compliance with all requirements associated with receipt of state and federal transportation funding.
- Ensures Project Development and Construction Division maintains an effective Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Long Range Planning and System Development, other Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members and the Chief Executive Officer to develop general strategies, financial plans, grant management, human resource issues, community relations, and other activities supporting the major roadway and transit capital program.
- Works with the Vice President of Long Range Planning and System Development regarding overall engineering management strategies and with the ELT on general management and administrative activities, and will be expected to lead internal work teams to address various issues as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Attends Board/Public meetings and make appropriate presentations in a clear and professional manner.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Management Engineering, with a Masters in Management Engineering a plus. Must be a registered Professional Engineer in the United States, with the ability to attain a PE in Florida within the first year of employment. Must have at least 10 years of progressively increased responsibility as a manager of a substantial engineering and construction program, preferably in the highway, bridge, rail or transit industry.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.