| Organization: ||
City of Riverside
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$8,057.00 - $11,901.00 Monthly
|| Post Date: || 06/17/2014 ||
The City of Riverside Public Works Department is recruiting to fill one (1) full-time vacancy in the City Engineering Services Division, Land Development Section. This recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and establish an eligibility list for future vacancies.
Under general direction, to plan, assign, supervise and review professional engineering work as the head of the Land Development Section; to assist in developing and carrying out policies and programs; and to do related work as required.
Positions designated as non-classified are exempt from the classified service. The incumbent shall be appointed "at-will" and serve at the pleasure of the City Manager.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge and understanding of local codes and State and Federal regulations as they apply to private land development.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts and design practices applied to private land development projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of the processes for project entitlements, engineering plan review and permitting of private land development project.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). Able to clearly explain engineering concepts, technical matters and administrative processes to engineering professionals and lay persons with equal effectiveness.
- Experience and comfortable with public speaking.
- Adept at fostering inter-departmental and inter-agency relationships.
- Experience using computer software, such as, Word, Excel, Outlook, and AutoCad.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
- Confer with supervisors and assistants regarding project priorities and progress.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and administration of the capital improvement program and budget.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of special engineering studies and reports.
- Coordinate activities with other City Departments, Divisions, and Sections and with outside agencies.
- Prepare and administer section budget.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate professional and technical subordinates.
In addition, when assigned as a Principal Engineer in Public Works:
- Supervise the development of plans and estimates for construction and major repair of public works systems.
- Review and sign engineering drawings, work orders and purchase orders.
- Serve as staff to a variety of City commissions, boards and committees on public works matters.
- Serve as Acting Deputy Public Works Director - Engineering Services as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering.
Experience: Five years’ experience in the performance of professional engineering work in the area of assignment including some supervisory experience.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Possession of an appropriate, valid class “C” California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
Registration in California as a professional engineer is highly desirable or may be required as a matter of law, depending on the assigned responsibilities.
Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligibility list which will remain in effect for six (6) months. Candidates will be screened further, and those meeting additional highly desirable qualifications may be invited to compete in a written, performance and/or oral exam. Qualified candidates will be certified for a selection interview.
The final candidate(s) will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check, verification of work experience, and submit an official copy of educational transcripts verifying obtained degrees or certificates as indicated on the employment application.
The appointed candidate will be required to successfully pass a medical examination and drug test.
The City of Riverside does not reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of this recruitment.