Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||14-0527-01||Organization:||City of Salem; Salem Oregon||Job Category:||Water and Sewers||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Oregon (OR)||City:||Salem||Post Code:||97301||Salary and Benefits:||$6,371.73 - $8,110.27/mo + Attractive employer paid cafeteria benefit plan. City contributes 6% employee contribution to PERS||Post Date:||06/12/2014||
Administers the Water Division program for the City, including treatment, distribution, water quality, metering, and back flow protection sections: manages the daily operations and maintenance, provides leadership to staff, and develops the budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The listed job functions are illustrative of the classification level and not intended to list all duties typically assigned to this classification. Employees may do all or some of the listed duties, or other related duties.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervises section heads; leads, instructs, assigns and reviews work; maintains standards; acts on employee problems; selects new employees; appraises performance; recommends promotions, termination and salary increases.
2. Plans, organizes, coordinates and administers a consolidated program for the City's water system in conformance with federal, state and local regulations and requirements.
3. Prepares the division’s annual budget, including the maintenance management plan, and presents the budget to the Operations Manager and Director for review. Manages the approved budget by monitoring expenditures, ensures maintenance goals are met; makes midyear adjustments as needed.
4. Works with the subordinate supervisors to develop goals for the division and develops work plans for scheduling maintenance activities.
5. Addresses division employee issues such as commendations, grievances, discipline and training. Conducts investigations to determine facts; takes appropriate follow-up actions.
6. Participates in the planning and development of special studies and design improvements for the water treatment plant, water system and other related infrastructure and makes recommendations to city staff and consultants to meet or exceed applicable rules and regulations.
7. Works with subordinate supervisors in developing capital improvement plans for the water system.
8. Represents the Public Works and Water Division on committees, at public meetings, and one-on-one with staff, citizens, regulators, media, contractors, etc.
9. Collaborates with Public Works Engineering and Planning staff to develop short, mid, and long term strategic planning for water treatment, storage, and distribution improvements.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in engineering or scientific discipline, public administration, or a related field, and seven to ten (7-10) years of experience in a related field; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the class.
License(s) and Certification(s) State of Oregon:
Or, the ability to receive reciprocity for licenses held in a different state.
Please see the complete announcement at: http://www.jobaps.com/Salem/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=14&R2=0527&R3=01 complete the electronic application, and submit the requested supplemental.