Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||#00769||Organization:||City of Bakersfield||Job Category:||Other||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||California (CA)||City:||Bakersfield||Post Code:||93301||Salary and Benefits:||$9,697.65 - $11,788.40/month||Post Date:||06/12/2014||
CITY OF BAKERSFIELD
ASSISTANT PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR (OPEN) #00769
An Equal Opportunity Employer
$9,697.65 - $11,788.40/Month
ISSUE DATE: 06/11/14 FILING DEADLINE: 06/25/14 01:00 pm Pacific Time
THE POSITION: Under general direction, performs professional engineering and administrative work at an advanced level and assists the Public Works Director in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the various divisions of the department; and performs other work as required.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: Assists in planning, organizing, and activities of the department and acts for the director in his absence; assists in determining departmental policy and confers with departmental superintendents on matters of the department; answers public inquiries regarding policy; makes studies, investigations, and reports to assist the director in making presentations to the City Manager or City Council; meets and confers with the general public, contractors, or representatives of other departments or governmental agencies to discuss agreements, policies, budget items, and programs of the department, makes final review of plans and specifications prior to signing by the director; prepares or reviews capital improvement and departmental outlay budgets; prepares draft cooperative agreements with other agencies; reviews plans and proposals for their relationship with the City.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applications will be accepted only for those applicants who clearly demonstrate on the Application and Resume that they have the following:
Registered as a Civil Engineer in the State of California AND Eight (8) years of progressively responsible professional experience in civil engineering including field and office work Desirable Qualification: Land Surveyor license and/or land surveying experience.
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of: The principles and practices of civil engineering; the investigation, design, and construction of general public works with emphasis on street, sewage installations; the principles and practices of land surveying and mapping; and the principles, practices, and equipment of modern office management. Ability to: plan and supervise the work of technical and professional personnel; make and check complex engineering computations, and to prepare engineering plans and specifications; and supervise the preparation of engineering records and to make concise technical reports.
Examination: (Weighted 100%) The method of examination may include one or more of the following: written exam; oral exam; evaluation of education, training, experience or other qualifications as shown by the application; or by other information submitted; or by the record; questionnaires submitted to references; or any other appropriate measure of fitness. A minimum passing score of 70% is required.
Note: Admission to the examination may be limited to those applicants who demonstrate the best combination of qualifications. Applicants possessing the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed admission to the examination.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:http://www.bakersfieldcity.us OR
Assistant Public Works Director Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you possess a current registration as a Civil Engineer in the State of California? (Note: Please ensure the registration number and expiration date is listed under the Certificates and License section on the employment application).
*2. Do you possess a minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible professional experience in civil engineering including field and office work? If so, please complete and provide details in the next question.
* 3. Briefly describe your related experience demonstrating at least eight (8) years of professional civil engineering experience including field and office work.
* 4. The position requires supervision of a large, diverse group of employees. Please describe your supervisory experience managing diverse programs and groups.
* 5. Please summarize your experience dealing with elected officials, County/City/State Chief Executive Officers, advisory commissions, master planned community developers, public works officials and County/City/State planners.
* 6. Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education from an accredited educational institution with major coursework in public or business administration, civil engineering, or a related field? If so, please describe your education.
* 7. Do you possess a Land Surveyor license? If so, please complete and provide details in the next question.
* 8. Briefly describe your experience in land surveying.
* Required Question