Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||2014-00409||Organization:||City Of Glendale, Arizona||Job Category:||Director Public Works||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Arizona (AZ)||City:||Glendale||Post Code:||85301||Salary and Benefits:||$99,166.00 to $158,666.00 Annually||Post Date:||06/10/2014||
Public Works Director
SALARY: $99,166.00 - $158,666.00 Annually
Plans, organizes, coordinates, and manages the Public Works Department, which includes streets maintenance, sanitation, facilities management, equipment management, building services, right of way, engineering, transportation and the airport.
2. Initiates, plans, organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates projects related to the activities of the department and submits recommendations on projects and programs to the Assistant City Manager, City Manager, and City Council.
3. Guides staff in implementation of City Council and management team directions.
4. Develops and manages consulting contracts in a variety of specialties including environmental engineering, financial management, and public relations.
5. Reviews projected city growth patterns, population trends, and develops short and long-range plans, goals, and objectives, including council goals and objectives.
6. Reviews and provides staff direction to resolve new or complex operational problems.
7. Monitors the quality and effectiveness of all departmental services and provides staff with feedback.
8. Coordinates department service delivery with other city departments, outside public agencies, and private companies.
9. Prepares, makes presentations, and administers the Department's capital and operating budget.
10. Prepares and monitors plans, such as the 10-year Capital Improvement Plan for Public Works.
11. Performs financial rate analyses and makes recommendations to the management team and City Council to establish public rates for solid waste collection, landfill disposal, and cemetery services, and to establish charge backs for landfill disposal and equipment management internal services.
12. Represents the interests of the City of Glendale in dealings with the Arizona Department of Transportation, the City of Phoenix and the Maricopa Association of Governments regarding traffic and transportation issues.
13. Prepares and makes presentations to the City Council, Planning and Zoning Commission and other boards on traffic engineering issues and projects.
14. Participates in various city committees and special events planning.
15. Meets or talks with citizens individually or collectively to discuss the improvement of Public Works services or to resolve specific complaints.
16. Prepares reports, studies, city ordinances and plans to City Council, City Manager, and Assistant City Manager and prepares new releases.
17. Establishes departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines.Develops specifications for facilities and equipment.
18. Develops and directs in-service training programs.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Civil Engineering and of the principles and practices of municipal administration with particular knowledge of public works or transportation administration Application of regional government practices to public work management Public budgeting and finance Management policies, procedures, and techniques
Public policy analysis and development
Plan, organize, and direct the construction, maintenance, and repair of streets, parks and grounds, landfills, equipment, buildings, and related facilities Effectively administer the city's refuse collection and disposal, and recycling programs Review survey data, traffic statistics and related information, analyze findings, prepare recommendations and reports Develop comprehensive plans and reports to satisfy future needs Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing Establish effective working relationships with subordinates, superiors, and representatives from other departments in private and in public to coordinate activities and resolve problems
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.glendaleaz.com/