| Job Ref: ||
|| Organization: ||
City of Aurora
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 04/14/2014 ||
All applications must be submitted online at auroragov.org or in person at 15151 E. Alameda Pkwy. Aurora, CO 80012-3rd floor Human Resources
Performs inspection of roadway construction and utility infrastructure construction to ensure quality workmanship and construction practices; and that work is completed in compliance with plans, specifications, rules, regulations, and city codes.
**This is a contingent position expecting to last through December 31, 2014**
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides project inspection services to interpret, explain and enforce City standards, specifications and plans.
- Accepts proper construction and rejects or requires replacement of defective work or materials.
- Provides daily documentation of project work activity, equipment, and manpower for City projects.
- Measures and records completed work and participates in pay meetings with contractors.
- Coordinates construction requirements with contractors, project engineers and utility companies.
- Performs annual project re-inspection to determine warranty repair requirements. Provides information to developers, contractors or interested parties.
- Collects and provides data; reports verbally or in writing.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: At least 2 years experience performing construction inspections of roadways and/or utilities for a public jurisdiction or consulting engineering firm. An equivalent combination of training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge: Knowledge of principles and practices related to the construction of streets, water lines, sewer lines, and other public infrastructure; City standards and specifications; and code enforcement techniques and principals.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, contractors and citizens; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations; read and interpret project plans and drawings; and write and maintain detailed reports, logs and payment records.
Skills: Skill in the interpretation of engineer's drawings, standards and specifications.
Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required: Colorado driver's license with a good driving record. This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
WORKING CONDITIONS Physical Demands: Moderate physical work which requires ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds; frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; regular walking and standing; a full range of body movements including pushing, pulling, climbing and crawling; foot/eye coordination to operate motor vehicle; vision to read plans, specifications and other information; frequent hearing and speech communication with employees, contractors and citizens.
Work Environment: Works indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and over all types of terrain with some exposure to dust, noise, traffic and moving construction equipment.
Equipment Used: Operates a motor vehicle; personal computer, measuring equipment such as tapes, levels and micrometers; and camera.