| Organization: ||
City of Denton
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
Water and Sewers
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$49,000.00 - $60,000.00 Annually
|| Post Date: || 03/12/2014 ||
Responsible for the coordination of software and application support in Streets, Wastewater and Traffic Divisions.
- Translates business data into reports within a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Access and SQL Server Reporting Services and Cartegraph Database
- Integrates data from disparate databases for reporting, inter-departmental communication, and operational improvement purposes
- Assists users of existing databases with problem resolution, functionality enhancement, and maintenance
- Provides explanation of application matters to users with little or no technical background
- Analyzes, designs, tests, implements, and maintains relational databases such as Microsoft Access and SQL Server and the Cartegraph Pavement View, Work Order System, Signal View and Markings View.
- Understands the concept of workflow processes and will work with department heads to continually improve and optimize the City’s system
- Provides analysis of data entry audits to ensure data integrity and to assure processes and procedures are met. Works with incomplete, irregular, or otherwise imperfect data to produce usable, normalized data.
- Gathers and inputs data to calculate the cost of each repair including material, labor and equipment
- Assists department director, assistant directors, and managers with administrative assignments such as preparing and coordinating various operating reports, and project creation
- Makes recommendations concerning departmental data policy and software needs
- Assists with special projects and troubleshooting issues
- Works with Technology Services department to maintain hosted databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field with analytical emphasis and four years of experience.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field with analytical emphasis and a minimum of six years of experience.
- Any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and customers
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to work independently with limited direction relying on his/her own judgment, requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary, and seeking performance feedback periodically
- Advanced knowledge of computer software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, internet based applications, GIS, SQL Server and Microsoft Access
- Ability to use initiative to take empowered action to solve routine problems within policy guidelines and to seek creative solutions for non-routine challenges
- Demonstrates accountability in completing tasks, projects, or other work assignments on time and according to established performance standards
Conditions of Employment:
- Must have a valid Class “C” Driver’s License and valid state required minimum automobile liability insurance prior to employment (must obtain Texas Class “C” driver’s license and state required minimum automobile liability insurance within 30 days of hire per state law)
- Must pass a drug test, driver’s license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check