| Organization: ||
City of Saint Charles
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
Water and Sewers
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 02/27/2014 ||
The Saint Charles Public Works Department is currently recruiting for the position of Water Systems Manager. The purpose of this position is to supervise Water Division personnel, and manage water treatment, storage, and distribution system operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Administer union agreement; interpret Work Rules; evaluate employee performance; prepare disciplinary actions; respond to employee grievances; review / approve timesheets, sick and vacation leave requests.
- Develop strategies to ensure major water production, treatment, storage, and distribution system equipment and facilities are continuously operable during and including periods of peak water usage or water conservation.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agency requirements for water production, treatment, storage, transmission and distribution.
- Maintain records of water quality, usage, treatment, and production; prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Monitor and direct daily water treatment and distribution system operations; prioritize and allocate division resources.
- Prepare Request for Proposals and cost estimates; review bid specifications and contract drawings; inspect contractor work for compliance with contract documents.
- Respond effectively to public inquiries and work with employees to improve customer service.
- Prepare written correspondence including damage reports and maintenance schedules, official reports and memorandums to Public Works management.
- Prepare annual operation budget and capital improvement programming; and monitor budget expenditures and procurement contracts.
- Identify emerging technologies, new chemical processes, and equipment to optimize water treatment and improve distribution system maintenance activity efficiencies.
- Represent Water Division and Department of Public Works in meetings with elected officials and regulatory agencies.
- Integral member of the Public Works management team; Assist direct water plant and distribution system operations during civil emergencies, severe weather, snow and ice removal activities, and special events.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Missouri Water Plant level A Operator's Certification and Distribution System III Certification required. Minimum of five years progressive supervisory experience in operation of water treatment plants and water distribution system required. Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and Professional Engineer registration is highly desirable.
Interested applicants should submit an application/resume by 5:00 pm on the closing date to: The City of Saint Charles Human Resources Department, Suite 301, 200 North Second Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Employment applications can also be downloaded from the City’s website and faxed to Human Resources at 636-940-4606. Website address for the employment application is: www.stcharlescitymo.gov
The City of Saint Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify