| Organization: ||
City of Saint Charles
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 02/27/2014 ||
The City of Saint Charles Public Works Department is currently recruiting for the position of Water Distribution Supervisor. The purpose of this position is to plan and supervise the daily maintenance and emergency repair activities for the water distribution system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Administer union agreement; interpret Work Rules; evaluate employee performance; prepare disciplinary actions; respond to employee grievances; review / approve timesheets, sick and vacation leave requests.
- Assist Water Systems manager prepare annual operation budget and capital improvement programming; monitor budget expenditures and procurement contracts.
- Assist Water Systems Manager prepare Request for Proposals; cost estimates; bid specifications and contract documents; inspect contractor work for compliance with project specifications.
- Review site development construction drawings; participate in utility coordination and planning for capital improvement projects.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, and supervise water distribution maintenance and emergency repair operations including but not limited to isolation of distribution system, repair and replacement of watermain and valves, residential and commercial water meters, backflow prevention devices, and flushing and boil orders.
- Train employees in local, state and federal regulations, use of construction equipment, water distribution procedures, and safe work standards.
- Monitor, evaluate, and correct staff’s use of time, equipment, materials and City resources and correct performance related deficiencies.
- Respond effectively to public inquiries and work with employees to improve customer service.
- Prepare written correspondence including damage reports and maintenance schedules, official reports and memorandums to Public Works management.
- Mandatory participation in Supervisor on-call rotation during periods of civil emergencies, severe weather, flooding, and snow removal operations.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
High school diploma, or G.E.D., with Associate degree and vocational/technical training in municipal water distribution systems, underground utility maintenance, plumbing or related field required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel required. Knowledge of construction safety standards, water distribution system components, and underground construction procedures and equipment.
Three to five years experience in construction and maintenance of municipal water distribution systems and underground utilities with two years increasingly responsible supervisory experience; or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities. Valid Missouri driver’s license required. Class A commercial driver’s license with air brakes and tanker endorsements required. Department of Natural Resources DS III Certification required or ability to obtain same within six months from date of hire.
Interested applicants should submit an application/resume by 5:00 pm on the closing date to: The City of Saint Charles Human Resources Department, Suite 301, 200 North Second Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Employment applications can also be downloaded from the City’s website and faxed to Human Resources at 636-940-4606. Website address for the employment application is: www.stcharlescitymo.gov
The City of Saint Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify