Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||14-0218-A||Organization:||City of Westminster, Colorado||Job Category:||Engineering and Technology||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Colorado (CO)||City:||Westminster||Post Code:||80031||Salary and Benefits:||$59,976.00 - $93,136.00 Annually||Post Date:||02/24/2014||
This is a professional engineering position in the Department of Community Development responsible for the development, coordination, project management, plan review, and inspection of capital improvement projects involving drainage and transportation projects. The incumbent is a liaison to consulting engineers and contractors on a number of Department Capital Improvement Projects (CIP). This person will assist in selecting and managing engineering consulting firms and coordinate activities of consultant’s drainage and transportation projects with a good understanding of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit requirements. Additionally, this position will necessitate a strong understanding of the typical development review process and be able to review pedestrian trails, bridges, water, wastewater, and reclaimed water systems.
Major responsibilities include capital project management from master planning level design through project construction and implementation within defined schedules and budgets. Work is performed with appreciable latitude for independent judgment and action that is reviewed by the Senior Projects Engineer through observation, conferences, reports, and achievement of desired objectives. This position will require attendance at occasional evening meetings.
Depending on qualifications, the applicant will meet either all of the criteria for Engineer or Senior Engineer.
The full salary range for this position is stated above. Starting wages are negotiable and dependent on the qualifications and experience of each individual candidate.
Education, Experience, Skills, Formal Training, Licenses, and Certifications
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in civil engineering or closely related field
· Must possess a valid Colorado driver's license, provide proof of a safe driving record, and maintain a safe driving record for continued employment
· Minimal experience (less than three years) in design and construction of drainage and transportation projects
· Three to five years progressively responsible experience in the design and construction of drainage and transportation projects
· Registration with the Colorado State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors as a professional engineer (P.E.) is required
· Engineer: Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.)
· Senior Engineer: Preferred seven or more years’ experience in the design and construction of drainage and transportation projects
· Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related field
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered.
In order to be considered for this position, a City of Westminster Online Employment Application is required for this position and is due by the closing date. Apply online at www.cityofwestminster.us/jobs by 8:30 a.m., on the closing date.