| Organization: ||
Yorba Linda Water District
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$164,551 - $200,489
|| Post Date: || 02/24/2014 ||
Yorba Linda Water District
Application Deadline: March 17, 2014
The General Manager plans, organizes, and provides leadership and oversight of all District functions, including water resource planning and distribution, sewer maintenance, fiscal management, employee relations, engineering, administration and operations; demonstrates proven leadership and exercises strong and effective delegation to department managers; appoints highly qualified, effective managers and staff, and provides mentoring; provides program evaluation and educated and confident policy advice to the Board of Directors and policy guidance to staff; encourages and ensures excellent services to District customers; and fosters cooperative working relationships with intergovernmental and regulatory agencies. The General Manager reports to the Board and leads the organization in the planning and implementation of District priorities set by the Board.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Public/Business Administration, Water Management, Political Science or other related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ten years of increasingly responsible professional management experience, including five years of managerial and/or administrative responsibility working with elected officials or other governing body.
- Possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license and proof of good driving record may be required at the time of appointment.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have Ability To
- Utilize proactive leadership, integrity, vision, and communication skills to lead the District and its staff to become a high-performance, team-based organization.
- Work confidently and collaboratively with the Board of Directors, making strong and educated recom-mendations, and carrying out the Board’s direction.
- Lead the creation and implementation of the District’s strategic work-plan based on the District’s recent organizational assessment and establish measurements for the achievement of goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Develop strong and collaborative intra- and inter-agency partnerships to achieve District goals.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff within the District, as well as, with the District’s customers and the community at large.
- Function as a mentor, coach, counselor, facilitator, and team player, and set performance examples that can be reinforced across the District.
- Create an organizational culture of respect among staff and with the Board; develop a culture that values openness, personal and professional growth, honesty, independent action, and teamwork, and encourages self-motivation; create an open and transparent culture.
- Create a strong performance ethic and set strong ethical standards by assisting staff to accomplish their goals while helping them remain accountable for their work product.
- Encourage initiative, risk-taking, creative problem solving, innovative goal setting, and out-of-the-box thinking; assist staff to manage change and conflict.
- Utilize strong knowledge of applicable laws and regulations in consistently implementing policy directives and instructions from the Board of Directors.
- Utilize excellent judgment to evaluate and understand situations and make timely and effective decisions.
- Exercise effective, clear, and honest communication by effectively listening to and understanding the interests of all stakeholders and the goals of the District.
- Utilize strong management and leadership skills to the advantage of the District.
- Utilize a strong sense of financial accountability and budgetary decision making in a prudent and economical manner.
The salary range for the General Manager is $164,551 to $200,489 and will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications. Total compensation includes attractive benefits package.
Important Application Information
To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please visit Koff & Associates’ website at www.koffassociates.com to download an application.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application by email to Kathy Crotty at email@example.com. As an alternative, you can mail the completed application materials to:
Koff & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Kathy Crotty
6400 Hollis Street, Suite 5
Emeryville, CA 94608