Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||565-06||Organization:||City of Fort Lauderdale||Job Category:||Engineering and Technology||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Florida (FL)||City:||Fort Lauderdale||Post Code:||33301||Salary and Benefits:||$67,080.00 - $94,785.60||Post Date:||02/13/2014||
The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking dynamic and goal-drive employees. Employees that are motivated to take on today's greatest challenges and rewards in the field of local public service. Employees who are passionate about making a difference and achieving our mission: We Build Community, in an fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action.
This is advanced, responsible, professional engineering and supervisory work involving complex coordinating, planning, designing, estimating and preparing specifications for the building of electrical transmission & distribution, fiber optic and gas utilities. In addition, employees must be able to responsibly manage transmission and substation projects. This position must be able to work independently in a multi-project environment. Employees in this class work closely with the Senior Project Manager on the identification of and planning for electric, gas, and fiber capital projects including construction of new facilities and expansion of existing facilities. They also assist the Senior Project Manager in preparation of a long and short term Capital Improvement Plan and annual budget to include cost estimates and work justifications.
Employees in this class prepare, manage and approve design and construction plans for overhead & underground electrical distribution, fiber optic and stand alone generators. They determine items for purchase and furnish detailed design information. In this class, the employees serve as project managers for system improvement projects through effectively coordinating contract document preparation; city, county, state and federal permitting; administration and inspection of contractor forces on engineering projects to insure compliance with plans and specifications; coordination with other utilities. They assist in the review of consulting engineering designs for electrical and fiber communication needs of the City of Fort Lauderdale’s lift stations, water production facilities and wastewater treatment facilities.
1. Have graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or other appropriate technical field.
2. Have at least four (4) years of progressively responsible post-graduate experience in one or more of the following areas: planning, design and construction of public works projects; planning, design and construction of utility projects; planning, design and construction of private development projects; or other closely related project or construction experience. Additional qualifying work experience may be substituted for the required college education on a year-for-year basis.
3. Possession of a current License as a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida or as a General Contractor by the State of Florida or Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS:
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
2. A valid registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Florida or another state.
3. A Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation issued by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) or equivalent.
Would you fit in? Apply now at http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/jobs/jobs.htm.