| Job Ref: ||
|| Organization: ||
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
60,860 - 100,971
|| Post Date: || 01/22/2014 ||
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government (LFUCG) is seeking a Director of Waste Management to oversee refuse collection/disposal, recycling, composting and landfill operations for government serving over a hundred thousand residential customers and businesses.
This includes, but is not limited to:
* Manages the day-to-day operations of the Division of Waste Management and provides daily support to managers in setting short-term and long-term goals, while enhancing collaboration across the division and government, ensuring quality services and budget performance.
* Analyzes and supervises the development of refuse collection routes to achieve efficiency and distribute work equitably while maintaining a high level of customer service.
* Formulates plans for waste management collection services for special events and customers with special refuse collection needs.
* Directs the completion and implementation of the five-year Waste Management Plan.
* Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with government, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
* Leads the division's management team in efforts to provide quality customer service, effective communication and information while maintaining a desirable workplace culture.
* Supervises the records management and retention process to maintain time, weight, cost and other required records which contribute to analyzing the cost effectiveness of all waste management operations.
* Conducts frequent staff and project meetings to communicate division goals and evaluates progress in meeting performance standards and project milestones.
* Provides effective communication to division employees to keep them informed and focused on areas of concern to the overall operation of the government, understanding the relationship of the departments/divisional activities and the effects they have on other departments and in the delivery of services to the residents of Fayette County.
* Provides, facilitates and/or conducts Waste Management-oriented presentations and speeches to stakeholder groups.
Bachelor's degree in natural science, business/public administration, environmental management or similar field, plus 4 years of management/supervisory experience and P&L responsibility in transportation, logistics, or waste management operations.
For further details and instructions on how to apply, please read the job posting carefully.