| Organization: ||
City of Glendale
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$85,664 - $137,062
|| Post Date: || 01/15/2014 ||
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the activities and staff of the Engineering Division which includes administration of City Capital Improvement Plan, land development and property management, telecommunications licensing, floodplain management, traffic engineering and inspection services of public infrastructure.
- Gives technical engineering and architectural advice to City Management, City Council and various department heads.
- Develops and implements department policies, procedures and standards.
- Negotiates engineering and architectural contracts and makes final recommendation to City Management and the City Council.
- Develops and monitors the operating and capital improvement budgets for department.
- Develops recommendations for City ordinance and City code changes.
- Directs the coordination of engineering department responsibilities on various interdepartmental projects.
- Initiates engineering and architectural studies and develops long and short-term plans, objectives and goals.
- Directs research, analyzes trends, and makes recommendations to City Council and City management on engineering projects, programs, staffing and priorities.
- Resolves complex or sensitive citizen complaints.
- Makes presentations to public and professional groups on public works improvement and engineering issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field with five years of administrative engineering experience including five years of planning and directing complex engineering projects at the management level. Master’s Degree is preferred.
For more information and to apply online please visit our website at: