Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||309-1||Organization:||Marion County Public Works||Job Category:||Director Public Works||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Oregon (OR)||City:||Salem||Post Code:||97305||Salary and Benefits:||$91,540 - $122,678 yr with full benefits package||Post Date:||01/09/2014||
This position has been reopened for additional applications. If you have previously submitted an application, you need not reapply.
The Marion County Board of Commissioners seeks an experienced, professional leader for the position of Public Works Director. This position performs executive leadership and management through planning and directing the Administration, Engineering, Operations, Environmental Services and Building and Safety Divisions of the Public Works Department which includes roadways, bridges, ferries, sewage and solid waste disposal facilities, parks, special districts, facilities and fleet management, building inspection, planning and zoning; oversees the emergency management operations center and countywide emergency management program.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business or public administration, management, engineering or related field; AND
2. Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible Public Works experience in an administrative or managerial capacity responsible for the planning, organization, implementation, and supervision of varied Public Works programs; OR
3. Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position.
4. Possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Class C Oregon driver’s license. (This requirement may be modified under exceptional circumstances.)
5. The successful applicant must pass a DMV record and criminal history background check as part of the final hiring process.
For full job announcement and online application, go to: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/marion/default.cfm
MarionCountyis an equal opportunity employer