| Organization: ||
City of Markham
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 01/08/2014 ||
Infrastructure Project Engineer
If your experience in municipal water distribution and wastewater collection system engineering is backed by a degree in Civil, Environmental, Resources or Industrial Engineering, consider this opportunity to join our Environmental Services – Waterworks Department as an Infrastructure Project Engineer.
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure, you will be responsible for the development, updating and implementation of the water and wastewater system sustainable renewal plan, the implementation and administration of projects and programs, as well as supporting long-term capital plan and budget development and maintenance.
More specifically, as an Infrastructure Project Engineer, you will:
• Carry out analysis, planning, maintenance and administration of system renewal plans, as well as project and program contract preparation, processing, administration and management, including all communications.
• Ensure supplier and contractor compliance with contracts.
• Perform service life, lifecycle and replacement cost analysis and adjustments.
• Liaise with other departments for system data maintenance.
• Implement and maintain system condition rating.
• Regularly update decision support system renewal planning.
• Analyze, evaluate and recommend various renewal technologies for reconstruction and replacement.
• Assist with, and contribute to, the Waterworks business planning process.
• Prepare reports and attend meetings, as required.
• Assist in capital budget preparation and administration.
• Provide support to other projects and programs, as assigned.
• Advance, promote, and participate in the corporate and departmental vision, mission, values and initiatives.
Your professional profile as an Infrastructure Project Engineer will include:
• University degree in Civil, Environmental, Resources or Industrial Engineering with emphasis on water distribution and wastewater collection systems, infrastructure and asset management.
• Eligibility for, or holder of, the Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation from Professional Engineers Ontario.
• Demonstrated 3 to 5 years of experience in municipal water distribution and wastewater collection system engineering, with emphasis on infrastructure asset management, lifecycle costing, renewal planning and funding.
• Excellent project and time management, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
• Thorough working knowledge and understanding of buried assets service life expectancy, condition evaluation and assessment, performance criteria, socio-economic impact and various new technologies for repair and rehabilitation.
• Highly developed computer literacy on MS Office products, internet use, GIS and other geo-mapping applications.
• Class G driver’s licence in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle to use for corporate business.
• Experience in statistical prediction method on infrastructure deterioration.
• Experience in condition rating system and infrastructure management system applications.
The salary range for this regular, full-time position is $83,227 to $97,939.
The City of Markham is a dynamic and change-oriented leader among Canadian municipalities. The recipient of multiple environmental awards, we are recognized for our innovative sustainability and urban planning initiatives as much as for our fiscal accountability. More than 320,000 residents call Markham home and benefit from our rich heritage, culturally diverse environment, vibrant local economy and focus on quality of life. Join us and make a difference!
For more information and to apply online by January 20, 2014, please visit our website at www.markham.ca.
We are committed to inclusive employment practices.