| Organization: ||
City of San Antonio
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
Depends on Experience and Education
|| Post Date: || 12/17/2013 ||
Under general administrative direction the Assistant Director of Transportation for the Transportation and Capital Improvements Department will serve as the chief transportation planning officer for the City of San Antonio. This position manages the activities of City’s transportation planning group and is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic and comprehensive, long-term transportation plan for the City of San Antonio. The position coordinates assigned activities with other departmental divisions, City departments and outside agencies and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Manager’s office. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
• Provides experience and direction in the areas of Traffic Planning and Mitigation, Traffic Engineering and Traffic Operations.
• Provides current and comprehensive multi-modal transportation plan to meet the anticipated growth needs of the City. This includes strategic planning for bicycles, pedestrians, downtown transportation, major thoroughfares, public transit, passenger rail and the Airport.
• Provides coordination between the long term multi modal transportation plan and the City's Comprehensive Plan update and implementation programs.
• Works closely with elected officials, City Manager’s Office, other departments, community organizations and regional partners including Bexar County, TXDOT and VIA, to create, design and implement a comprehensive, long term transportation plan.
• Maximizes investments and seeks additional funding for community projects from local, state and federal resources.
• Evaluates and advises on State and Federal legislative proposals related to transportation.
• Serves as an official departmental representative to other City departments, the City Manager’s office, elected officials, and outside agencies.
• Assists with the development and administration of the department budget.
• Prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary communications
• Provides leadership and supervision to assigned staff
The ideal candidate will have:
• 10 years of traffic planning, engineering and operations experience. 15 years strongly preferred.
• 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Engineering from an accredited college, university, or engineering school.
• Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License
• Valid Professional Engineering License or professional planning certification
To apply, send resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org