Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Ref:||76538||Organization:||Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory||Job Category:||Facilities||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||California (CA)||City:||Berkeley||Salary and Benefits:||Not specified||Post Date:||12/13/2013||
Facilities Division Director - 76538
Organization: LD-Laboratory Directorate
The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by conducting unclassified research across a wide range of scientific disciplines including: studies of the universe, quantitative biology, nanoscience, new energy systems/environmental solutions and the use of integrated computing as a tool for discovery. The mission of the Facilities Division is “To Enable World Class Science” and the Division acts on this common purpose through quality standards: Safety, Customer Satisfaction, Teamwork and Efficiency. The Facilities Division Director will provide intellectual leadership with a strategic path to accomplish the business objectives and achieve this Mission.
The Facilities Division Director oversees and assumes operational responsibility for leading the full lifecycle of Berkeley Lab Facilities Division activities, including planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, operation, renovation and repair, emphasizing quality, safety, efficiency, and customer service. Serves as the intellectual leader for the provision of all facilities infrastructure and services, including the development of a long-term strategy and its implementation. Will manage an annual operating budget of over $45 million per year and a current capital budget of $100 million.
The Facilities Division Director Will:
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships throughout the organization, ensuring that short and long-term requirements for facilities infrastructure are consistent with strategic planning goals/initiatives for science.
• Develop the ongoing Facilities strategic plan, recommend the appropriate structure, and facilitate the accomplishment of that plan to assist staff through transitions while providing superior quality of work and customer service.
• Serve as a key liaison to Department of Energy and University of California officials, assure implementation of applicable DOE and UC requirements and work to influence their improvement.
As a key member of the Laboratory Operations Leadership Team, the Facilities Division Director will be called upon to make substantial leadership contributions toward achieving the Laboratory's performance goals, forge partnerships inside and outside of the Lab and pursue best management practices. Will partner with other Laboratory divisions to implement new programs that cross divisional lines consistent with the Laboratory’s strategic objectives and goals, the foremost being to further LBNL’s mission of world-class science. Will also fulfill the role as Building Code Official for the Laboratory and work with infrastructure-funding managers in the DOE Office of Science for facilities renewal and investment.
Key Success Factors
• Extensive experience managing the facilities department of a government research complex or campus, private industry complex, or university, with demonstrated improvement in efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Ability to direct and converse technically with engineers and architects regarding campus utility systems and the operation, maintenance, design and construction of the various building types that are present on the lab campus.
• Diverse knowledge of the various trade support areas, custodial, HVAC, construction, carpentry, roofing, painting, plumbing, electrical, and equipment maintenance.
• Demonstrated experience in effective management and administrative oversight, creativity in decision making and problem solving, experience in human resource management and a commitment to mentoring and career development.
For a detailed position description and instructions regarding how to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/lbl76538APWA
Berkeley Lab is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.