Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||City of Antioch||Job Category:||
Water and Sewers: Stormwater
Water and Sewers
|Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||California (CA)||City:||Antioch||Salary and Benefits:||$4,537 - $5,515*||Post Date:||12/05/2013||
Under direction, leads, oversees, reviews, and participates in the more complex and difficult work of staff responsible for performing a variety of duties involved in the maintenance, operation, and repair of the City's wastewater collection system and lift stations; operates a variety of maintenance and construction equipment including a pressurized hydrocleaner and/or sewer vacuum truck; and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
When assigned to NPDES, also plans, assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of crews engaged in storm channel and storm drain maintenance activities, including: construction, maintenance and repair; oversees contract work; participates in actual work performed and performs related work as assigned.
This is the advanced journey level class in the Collection Systems Worker series. Positions at this level are distinguished from other classes within the series by the level of responsibility assumed and the complexity of duties assigned. Employees perform the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes within this series including providing lead supervision to assigned staff. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned area of responsibility. This class is distinguished from the Collection Systems Supervisor in that the Collection Systems Supervisor is the first-line supervisory level.
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade supplemented by specialized training in collection system maintenance.
• Two (2) years of journey level experience in the maintenance and repair of wastewater collection systems comparable to a Collection Systems Worker II with the City of Antioch.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
• Possession of a valid Commerical Class B driver's license within 6 months of appointment.
• Possession of a Grade II Collection System Maintenance certificate issued by the California Water Environment Association within one (1) year of appointment.
• Possession of a California Pest Control Applicators Certificate, Categories B & C with Aquatics Endorsement within one (1) year of appointment.
1. For complete information and to apply online, click the "Job Opportunities" link on the City's website at: www.ci.antioch.ca.us/Human-Resources/
2. This position will remain open until filled and can close at any time without notice.
3. Monthly Salary: $4,537 - $5,515*
*Salary range listed reflects a 40-hour workweek; however, beginning in 2009 the City implemented a 36-hour workweek. The actual salary should be based on a 36-hour workweek.