| Job Ref: ||
|| Organization: ||
Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
|| Job Category: ||
Water and Sewers
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 09/23/2013 ||
WSSC is the 8th largest water and wastewater utility in the nation, with a network of more than 5,500 miles of fresh water pipeline and nearly 5,400 miles of sewer pipeline. Serving 1.8 million residents in Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties since 1918, our drinking water has always met or exceeded federal standards. We currently have a Wastewater Collection Field Supervisory position.
In a team environment the incumbent is responsible for facilitating the inspection and maintenance of sewer collection activities through the application of business principles and industry best practices for an assigned unit.
- Supervises and coordinates the work for Prince George’s or Montgomery County collection technicians and administrative support;
- Schedules the work of the unit on a short and long-term basis;
- Forms crews and assigns work;
- Tracks the performance of the Unit on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in relation to the unit’s goals;
- Assures the quality of all written material drafted by the field staff;
- Keeps the unit informed of its progress towards goals by posting weekly information;
- Keeps informed of the current technology and equipment available both within the Commission and in the wastewater industry;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of technology and equipment;
- Assures that the unit is in regulatory compliance;
- Maintains inventory and cost accounts of equipment and materials;
- Prepares specifications for use in the procurement of supplies and services;
- Makes regular and frequent field inspections of work locations and other work sites to monitor adherence to plans and specifications to ensure the quality of materials and workmanship;
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints and determines responsibilities;
- Administers and reviews Customer Care Team safety procedures for adequacy and clarity;
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- with a major in civil engineering, business administration, or related field;
- 1 year experience supervising operations work in utility construction, maintenance or production.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 3 years of progressively responsible senior/lead level distribution or collection systems; maintenance experience, or maintenance/construction crew leader operations experience.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and a WSSC driver’s permit;
- Required to obtain and maintain Class 2 Wastewater Collection System Operator Certificate within one year of employment;
- Required to obtain and maintain National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) PACP certification within one year of employment.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply via the link or go to our website at www.wsscwater.com. This position is listed under our Career Center.