| Organization: ||
City of Fernley
|| Job Category: ||
Engineering and Technology
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
|| Post Date: || 09/18/2013 ||
The City of Fernley has a vacancy for an Associate Engineer.
The Associate Engineer works under direction and performs a variety of professional engineering tasks in the field and office related to the planning, design and construction projects on parks, facilities, streets, storm drains, sanitary sewers, water, and system inspections; Working with some independence, engineering judgment, and a narrow range of engineering responsibilities, the Associate Engineer works under the guidance of the City Engineer.
Examples of duties:
1. Participates in planning, design, coordinating or construction inspection functions in connection with a wide variety of municipal engineering projects including streets, water mains, and distribution systems, storm and sanitary sewers, pumping stations and related water and sewer facilities.
2. Reviews the engineering inspection work in connection with contracts and daily work projects.
3. Reviews the preparation of plans for overall projects, including design study reports, environmental impact statements, design studies, technical reports, and cost estimates.
4. Prepares reports for the City Council and federal and state agencies, including environmental impact statements, design studies, technical reports and cost estimates.
5. Reviews specifications, cost estimates, and contract documents for major construction projects.
6. Prepare engineering reports on the progress and completion of contract construction.
7. May conduct preliminary field surveys for project proposals.
8. Secures data, prepares reports, and presentations for conferences and public hearings on proposed projects.
9. Provides engineering assistance to City departments and divisions as assigned.
To apply, submit a completed application to the City of Fernley, 595 Silver Lace Blvd., Fernley, NV 89408. For additional information, please contact Human Resources at 775-784-9864 or contact email@example.com.
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in engineering or related field with a curriculum that is accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, Engineer Intern Certificate plus two (2) years of increasing responsible experience, preferred.
Possession of a valid Nevada driver's license.