Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||City of Fort Lauderdale||Job Category:||Water and Sewers: Stormwater||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Florida (FL)||City:||Fort Lauderdale||Post Code:||33301||Salary and Benefits:||$84,572.80 - $133,286.40 Annually||Post Date:||07/24/2013||
This is highly responsible managerial, administrative and professional work of unusual difficulty assisting the department director in directing and coordinating water, sewer, and storm water operations for the Utilities Division of the Public Works Department.
The employee in this class relieves the department director of the day-to-day technical and supervisory detail work of assigned divisions. Duties include participation in the formulation, implementation and enforcement of divisional policies, and handling a wide variety of special projects and assignments of high complexity, priority and importance. Work involves providing technical aid to subordinates and conducting investigations and analyses of procedures related to the effective operation of the divisions. The employee establishes goals, objectives and work plans through subordinate personnel and ensures that results are achieved.
Under general direction, the employee performs complex assignments requiring extensive initiative and independent judgment in assuring that services are provided with the maximum effective use of personnel and equipment. Specifically, the employee is responsible for water and wastewater treatment, water distribution, wastewater collection, storm water management and customer service relating to the Utilities Division. Work is reviewed by the department director in conferences with the employee, through study of reports submitted, and by the degree of achievement of established goals, objectives and work plans. The employee must work effectively with and maintain communications with elected and appointed officials, department directors, representatives of other governmental jurisdictions, private consultants and contractors, and subordinate personnel.
1. Have successfully graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in civil, chemical, mechanical or other appropriate engineering field; chemistry; business or public administration; or a closely related field.
2. Have five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative and managerial work experience in directing or assisting in directing a large public utilities program involving the responsibility for water supply and wastewater treatment systems, including at least three (3) years of supervisory experience. Experience must include oversight of budgeting and policy-making authority for areas of responsibility.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS:
1. A Master's Degree in Engineering, Business or Public Administration.
2. A valid registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Florida or another state.
3. A valid Florida Department of Environmental Protection Water or Wastewater Operator's certification.
Apply online at: http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/jobs/jobs.htm