| Organization: ||
City of Coronado
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Post Code: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$4465.63 - $5984.37 plus benefits
|| Post Date: || 07/09/2013 ||
THE POSITION:Under direction, the Electrician performs technical duties and responsibilities in the repair and maintenance of City electrical and electronic systems including sewer pump stations, street lighting, facilities and electrical/control systems; troubleshoots, diagnoses, and calibrates electrical and electronic equipment and systems; and performs a variety of technical duties relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
There is currently one permanent, full-time, benefited position available in the Public Services Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform diagnostic, maintenance and repair duties on all City electrical and electronic systems including sewer pump stations, street lighting, facilities and electrical/control systems.
2. Remove, install and repair sewer pump station controls and related electro-mechanical components; troubleshoot, diagnose and test systems; modify, calibrate and replace equipment and components.
3. Maintain and repair electrical systems in City owned facilities; perform maintenance and repair on all series, traffic and parallel street lighting systems.
4. Operate, test and repair standby generator sets and cogeneration facility components.
5. Maintain and ensure the proper operation of specialized electrical and pneumatic equipment; locate malfunctions and repair or adjust as necessary.
6. Operate and maintain a variety of hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, trucks and other equipment in the performance of assigned duties.
7. Read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings and related traffic signal symbols and markings; work from plans to install, repair and maintain City electrical and electronic systems.
8. Participate on special projects involving the development of electrical systems; estimate time, materials, and equipment required for jobs assigned; requisition materials as required.
9. Inspect mechanical equipment and electrical systems installed by contractors to ensure safe and satisfactory functioning.
10. Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures including confined space entry requirements and high/low voltage safety precautions.
11. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience: At least four years of increasingly responsible experience in the installation, maintenance repair and operation of high voltage electrical and electronic systems, including two years at the journey level.
Education/Training: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in electrical or electronic maintenance and repair.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession of a valid Class B California Driver's License with a safe driving record.
A City of Coronado employment application and copies of any licenses and/or certificates must be received by Human Resources on-line at www.coronado.ca.us (under the Quick Link to Employment) by 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 11, 2013. Applications will be reviewed on the basis of education, training, and experience. Applicants considered most qualified will be contacted and invited to participate in a written test (30%) designed to evaluate the applicant's skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform the duties of the position. The written test has been tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, July 23, 2013. The highest scoring applicants will be invited to participate in an oral panel interview (70%) tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, August 13, 2013. Candidates who successfully complete all examination components will be placed on an eligibility list for a period of at least six months. Applicants will be notified via e-mail and/or mail of their eligibility status. All appointments are subject to successful completion of a pre-employment background check and medical examination, including a drug screening. All new employees are required to submit verification of legal right to work in the United States.
The City of Coronado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Individuals with disabilities who will require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in any portion of the application, interview, and/or testing process may voluntarily request the accommodation from the City at least five working days prior to the requested accommodation. Documentation of the need for the accommodation may be required upon receipt of the request.
Note: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.