Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Organization:||City of Chicago Dept. of Fleet & Facility Management||Job Category:||Fleet Services||Job Type:||Full Time||Country:||USA||State/Province:||Illinois (IL)||City:||Chicago||Post Code:||60602||Salary and Benefits:||Competitive||Post Date:||06/04/2013||
This position requires mandatory management attendance during all departmental mandated (i.e. 24/7 emergencies and weather related) programs.
Under direction, directs and manages large scale, twenty-four hour vehicle maintenance and repair operations in multiple fleet management service garages, and performs related duties as required
· Supervises and directs staff engaged in managing the day to day work operations of the preventive maintenance and repair of City automotive, trucking and heavy duty off-road equipment
· Plans and schedules regular and seasonal maintenance and repair activities for City vehicles
· Coordinates and oversees the testing of repaired vehicles to ensure compliance with established safety and environmental regulations
· Coordinates the transfer of vehicles between service garages or through private vendors
· Reviews and analyzes work orders, accumulated charges and repair history reports to estimate the life expectancy of vehicles
· Coordinates vehicle and equipment cyclical replacement and retirement schedules
· Recommends the procurement of new vehicles and participates in the development of automotive and equipment specifications
· Monitors vehicle and equipment usage patterns to determine opportunities for fleet reallocation and downsizing
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT WWW.CITYOFCHICAGO.ORG/CAREERS.
Application Period: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 through Tuesday, June 18, 2013