| Organization: ||
City of Kingman
|| Job Category: ||
|| Job Type: ||
|| Country: ||
|| State/Province: ||
|| City: ||
|| Salary and Benefits: ||
$53,501-$74,282 (full salary range - Hire DOQ)
|| Post Date: || 04/24/2013 ||
Original Application and Professional Resume w/references required to be received by City of Kingman Human Resources Dept by 5:00 p.m. on 05/03/2013.
The City of Kingman Public Works Dept, Street Division, is seeking an individual to work in a team-oriented, customer-focused organization. The Street Superintendent is responsible for planning, development, and supervision of the overall function of the streets and street sweeping activities, including construction and reconstruction, repair, and maintenance of City streets and storm drainage facilities and systems; determines means or processes of achieving the objectives, standards or guidelines established by Public Works Director.
- Plans, schedules and implements construction, maintenance, and operation and construction activities designed to provide quality streets, alleys and drainage easements for the city; oversees construction and maintenance work to determine acceptability and conformance to standards.
- Trains, supervises and develops employees performing the duties of maintenance, construction and repair of streets, sidewalks and drainage easements.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates department activities with other departments and agencies as needed.
- Supervises the control and use of, and assumes responsibility for all materials, supplies and equipment used in the maintenance, construction and repairs for all Street Department functions.
- Requisitions needed supplies for the department and maintains a variety of records relating to personnel, equipment and supplies.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and experience:
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent plus 7 years of experience relating to the construction, repair and maintenance street systems and the operation of related maintenance equipment, or
any equivalent combination of education & experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, materials, methods and procedures used to maintain a safe and effective transportation system.
- Skill in operation of the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to guide, direct and motivate employees; Ability to operate and maintain various equipment used in street maintenance and construction; Ability to organize and supervise the activities of various crews performing construction and maintenance work; Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Valid State Driver's license, or ability to obtain one.