The Council of Chapters is comprised of one delegate from each of the 63 APWA chapters. Members of the council serve APWA as advisors to the board of directors, executive director, technical committees, and staff in support of the mission of APWA in accordance with the association's bylaws and parliamentary procedures. Delegates also act as a conduit in sharing the opinions and ideas of their chapters and serving as points of contact at the local (chapter and branch), regional, and national levels for the dissemination of information to and from members.
The mission of the Council of Chapters is to increase the effectiveness of the association by:
- advising the board of directors, the executive director, staff, and chapters on goals, strategies, and issues that are referred to the Council;
- supporting the APWA Strategic Plan and influencing changes for the betterment of the association;
- supporting chapter-to-chapter mentoring and development of best practices to strengthen the services delivered in each chapter;
- communicating member issues among the local, regional and national levels; and
- identifying dedicated members for active participation within the association.
The full council will meet twice annually, approximately six months apart, with one of those meetings being held during APWA's annual Congress. Council members will also meet by means of committee conference calls, which will be scheduled throughout the year.
Each chapter's executive committee, through the process outlined in its bylaws, shall either elect or designate the delegate and determine the length of term of service. *The Council of Chapters is governed by a steering committee consisting of one member from each of the nine APWA regions, who are selected by delegates from those regions. Each member of the steering committee will serve a three-year term; however, the initial terms will be staggered (from one to three years) but all are eligible for reappointment by their regional delegates.
For more information on the Council of Chapters contact Sharica S. Ware, APWA staff liaison, at email@example.com
Please click on a region in the map below, then the delegate's information will be displayed.
Region I | Region II | Region III | Region IV | Region V
Region VI | Region VII | Region VIII | Region IX