June 25-27, 2012
The following examples are just the tip of the iceberg of the amazing stories of sustainability success
you will hear at the APWA 2012 Sustainability in Public Works Conference.
• Small community saves BIG bucks on constructed wetlands for CSO control
• Solar bus shelter offsets the costs of nearby, newly installed traffic signals
• Diverging diamond interchange creates better traffic, pedestrian, and bicycle flow
• Wastewater treatment plant converts waste into an asset
• A growing number of cities are installing charging systems for electric vehicles
NOW THAT'S SUSTAINABILITY!
As a public works professional, YOU are vital to the overall well-being of your community. Your day-to-day choices influence energy use, air and watershed quality, ecosystem and human health, climate impacts, civic life, and local prosperity.
Count yourself among the influential public works and sustainable infrastructure leaders who will join together to share solutions and strategize for the future. This is your chance to gather together and participate in a deep dialogue about public works’ role in creating sustainable communities.
Don’t miss a Keynote Speaker who “gets it” and speaks out forcefully
to champion sustainable communities, economic prosperity, and common sense!
We’ve got fascinating Technical Tours
on Monday (sign up soon as space is limited) and a full slate of spot-on Education Sessions
and cutting-edge Exhibits
on Tuesday and Wednesday. Nowhere else will you find such a concentrated wealth of sustainability information geared specifically to public works and infrastructure issues!
Thank you to our sponsors!