After successful completion of the exam, candidates become certified for a period of five years. Prior to the end of the five-year period, Certified Public Infrastructure Inspectors must complete a minimum of 50 credits earned through a combination of continuing education and contributions to the profession, and send in their completed Recertification Application and fee.
Recertification Application Fee
APWA Members $95; Nonmembers $145
Activities Which Qualify Towards the 50 Credits of Continuing Education and Contributions to the Profession
Participation in any of the following areas within an infrastructure or public works-related association:
- Chapter Meeting Attendance = 1 credit per each chapter meeting attended
- Serve as an Officer, Chair, Co-Chair or Committee Member = 10 credits per each year of service
- Speaker, Instructor or Moderator = 5 credits per each session delivered
- Published Article and Other Literary Contributions to Construction Inspection Field
- Less than 500 words = 5 credits per each printed piece
- 500 words or greater = 10 credits per each printed piece
These credits can be earned by completing training using a combination of the delivery methods and content areas listed below.
Each clock hour = 1 credit
Annual Conference Attendance = 6 credits per each full day of attendance
- Approved Delivery Methods
- Continuing education programs offered by APWA, APWA Chapters, or other associations related to fleet or public works (includes face-to-face and online delivery).
- Courses taken for credit at an accredited college or university.
- In-house training programs conducted by your agency or city.
- Correspondence programs.
- Recognized technical upgrading conducted by manufacturers, vendors or a certified school.
- Approved Content Areas
Use the Recertification Tracking Sheet
to provide details about the credits you submit and indicate the total.