Unless otherwise noted, all original materials posted on this website are copyright 1998-2016, American Public Works Association. All rights reserved.
APWA®, the APWA logos®, and CLICK, LISTEN & LEARN® are trademarks of the American Public Works Association, an Illinois nonprofit corporation. The names, trademarks, service marks and logos of APWA appearing on this site may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate APWA's sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service, without APWA's prior express written permission. Any other trademarks appearing on the site are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with APWA, its services or its website(s).
You may view, download, and print contents from the site subject to the following conditions: (a) the content may be used solely for information purposes; and (b) the content may not be modified or altered in any way. You may not republish, distribute, prepare derivative works, or otherwise use the content other than as explicitly permitted herein.
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing APWA's name or trademarks without the express written consent of APWA. You do not acquire any ownership rights to any content in the site. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by APWA.
Although the APWA site includes links providing direct access to other Internet sites, APWA takes no responsibility for the content or information contained on those other sites, and does not exert any editorial or other control over those other sites. APWA is providing information and services on the Internet as a benefit and service in furtherance of APWA's nonprofit and tax-exempt status. APWA makes no representations about the suitability of this information and these services for any purpose.
APWA.net abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of our response, we may remove or disable access to material residing on this site that is claimed to be infringing.
Before serving either a Notice of Infringing Material or Counter-Notification, you may wish to contact a lawyer to better understand your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws. The following notice requirements are intended to comply with APWA’s’ rights and obligations under the DMCA and, in particular, section 512(c), and do not constitute legal advice.
To file a notice of infringing material on a site owned or controlled by APWA.net, please provide a notification containing the following details:
- Sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL);
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate and identify the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
- Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example, your address, telephone number, email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Then send this notice to:
- By Mail: DMCA Agent: Scott Grayson, 1200 Main Street, Suite 1400, Kansas City, MO 64105-2100
- By Fax: Attn: DMCA Agent, (816) 472-1610
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE CAUTION YOU THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
This information should not be construed as legal advice, for further details on the information required for valid DMCA notifications, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).
NOTE: This information is provided exclusively for notifying the service providers referenced above that your copyrighted material(s) might have been infringed. All other inquiries, including technical requests, reports of email abuse and third party reports of piracy, will not receive a response through this process.