Who May Join?
Membership in the association is open to anyone with an interest in public works.
Why Join? With APWA you can:
- Share common goals, challenges, and solutions with other public works professionals throughout North America
- Participate in local chapter and branch programs, meetings and social activities - often at reduced pricing compared to non-member rates. Membership in your local chapter is automatically included with national membership (additional chapter and/or branch dues apply in some areas).
- Gain exposure to more than 28,500 public works professionals, opening up opportunities for your future
- Tap into the experience of other members with practical resources
- Promote professional excellence
- Save money on the best education and training programs in public works, covering all public works disciplines and management topics with ability to receive CEUs and PDHs
- Save money on publications and resources on all the subjects you need
- Receive alerts on hot topics in public works, including important issues in Washington, D.C. that affect you and your community
- Utilize your right to vote and hold office at the local or national level of the association
- Free subscription to as many infoNOW electronic networking communities as fit your interests
- Free subscription to the APWA Reporter for duration of membership. This is a monthly, members only, magazine available in hard-copy or online.
- Free access to the Members' Library - an online collection of resources and educational programs
- Free registrations for live Click, Listen & Learn programs
- Books, videos, training manuals, and recorded programs on management, transportation, equipment services, snow removal, construction, water resources, solid waste, sustainability, public outreach tools, and more - with reduced pricing for members
- Member savings of up to 42% on registration for:
- PWX (formerly known as International Public Works Congress & Exposition-"Best Show in Public Works")
- North American Snow Conference
- Most nationally-sponsored workshops and e-learning programs. Visit the APWA Calendar for complete schedule.
- Many local chapter and/or branch meetings and events.
- Opportunity to earn and track your Continuing Education Units (CEUs/PDHs)
- Free subscription to the APWA Washington Report monthly newsletter
- Stay up-to-date on APWA programs and activities with access to our quarterly members-only publication, the APWA Advantage newsletter
- Opportunity to participate in local or national public outreach activities including support of National Public Works Week, the MATHCOUNTS program, National Engineers Week, APWA Cares program, or local chapter and/or branch events
And for those providing products or services for public works ... Marketing Opportunities
- Networking opportunities at national, local chapter and/or branch level
- Listings in APWA's print and online Buyer's Guide (Corporate group memberships only)
- Highlighted listing in event program for PWX and the North American Snow Conference (Corporate group memberships only)
- Reduced pricing (per thousand records) on purchases of targeted APWA mailing list(s)
- Recognition in opening presentation slides at PWX (Corporate Crown level group memberships only)
- Discount on advertising in the APWA Reporter magazine (Corporate Prestige and Crown level group memberships only)
- Discount on exhibit space at annual PWX (Corporate Crown level group memberships only)
APWA is your PRIMARY RESOURCE for public works-related knowledge!
Start saving time and money today by becoming a member.