APWA Participates in Congressional Water Briefing
On November 2, APWA Government Affairs staff participated in a Congressional briefing on “Priorities for the Nation’s Water Infrastructure.” The briefing document was developed by APWA and 14 other organizations which represent all facets of the nation’s water interests and infrastructure. The priorities developed by the group are designed to help rebuild and maintain our nation’s water infrastructure.
The five key priorities discussed in the briefing were:
1) Incentivize partnerships among water and wastewater systems and the consolidation of failing water and wastewater systems;
2) Provide more federal funding through WIFIA, SRF’s, and technical assistance;
3) Encourage more private sector participation and investment by eliminating barriers;
4) Modernize and streamline the SRF’s; and
5) Accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies.
The briefing was attended by eight members of the House of Representatives: Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-OH), Rep. Grace Napoitano (D-CA), Rep. Garret Graves (R-LA), Rep. Tim Walberg (R-MI), Rep. Randy Weber (R-TX), Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX), Rep. John Faso (R-NY), and Rep. John Katko (R-NY).
You may view the priorities document here