Supporting Public Works Professionals in Small Cities, Towns, Villages, and Counties in the US and Canada
This committee was formed to support the public works professionals serving communities with populations less than 75,000. These communities may deal with the same issues as their fellow members in larger communities, but typically have more limited resources.
The Small Cities/Rural Communities (SC/RC) committee efforts include:
- Hosting a meeting at PWX (formerly know as the International Public Works Congress & Exposition-"The Best Show in Public Works") to allow participants to share information and concerns associated with small and/or rural communities
- Publishing articles in the Reporter magazine focused on issues, technologies and solutions for small cities and rural communities
- Providing several educational programs at each PWX to address the needs of small communities
- Working with other APWA committees to ensure issues of small communities are addressed
- Encourages recognition of projects in small communities that make a major difference in the community through the APWA Small Cities/Rural Communities Awards program.
Committee's current business plan
Committee Meeting Summaries
Resources for Small Cities/Rural Communities